Let the games begin! From concept to creation, Volkswagen is building a city to launch the new T-Cross. The ultimate car launch. The ultimate city. The ultimate urban experience.
What initially lived online as a virtual city is becoming a real-life version at the Montecasino outdoor area this coming weekend, 21 and 22 September 2019. The excitement of seeing a city built from scratch has thousands of South Africans eager to see not only the new SUV, but all the incredible experiences that are being created at T-Cross City.
If you have registered, come early and win! Doors open at 11h00am and if you arrive before 11h30 on Saturday 21 September, you could win a road trip in the new Volkswagen T-Cross with a prize value of R15 000.
What food & drink does my ticket give me? The first 4 000 adult ticket holders per day will receive a complimentary R95 non-refundable voucher (R100 including the R5 admin fee)*. This voucher comes on the RFID wristband that ticket holders are given on entry and can be spent on beverages, food and merchandise at T-Cross City. You can bring your cash/card to top-up more money onto your wristband to use at the event. *T&C’s apply.
Here’s a taste of what to expect:
Experience the new Volkswagen T-Cross: Be one of the first to be driven in this bold new SUV on a bespoke route created just for the event.
The WEEKENT & Friends Rooftop Party, hosted by DJ Kent. You’ll get to soak up the sun on a custom-built deck overlooking T-Cross City while partying to the sounds of DJ Kent, DJ Speedsta, DJ Milkshake, DJ Fresh, Kid Fonque and Luna.
And what would the ultimate urban playground be without comedy? Join Goliath and Goliath and Parker’s as they host a pop-up comedy club at T-Cross City. What a line up! You’ll be clutching your belly with laughter to the likes of Jason, Donovan and Nicholas Goliath, Nina Hastie, Tats Nkonzo, Ntosh Madlingozi, Robby Collins, Yaseen Barnes, Carl Weber, KG Mokgadi and Tracey-Lee Oliver.
Hungry? Visit the gourmet food market with some scrumptious festival food. Enjoy braai demonstrations from Lesego Semenya, AKA LesDaChef while he treats onlookers to crayfish tails with pulled snoek and savoury crepes.
Football fan? Head over to watch the Fives Futbol ‘Winner Stays On’ tournament and you might spot win spot prizes. Joining in on the fun over the weekend are Bafana Bafana and SuperSport United midfielder, Dean Furman, and former Bafana Bafana, Kaizer Chiefs and Mamelodi Sundowns goalkeeping legend, Brian Baloyi.
Like to indulge in a full jazz experience? A taste of Maboneng is coming to T-Cross City. The Marabi Club is the home of superb food and drink accompanied by fine live jazz performances. Delivering an authentic, exclusive experience for 75 people per sitting, guests will enjoy an intimate 45-minute session and can pre-order Marabi’s signature canapés ahead of the time.
Enjoying T-Cross City’s Marabi Club is free, but booking is essential Click here. Marabi’s canapes are something else. Pre book a platter of wild mushroom arancini with Japanese mayo, sashimi with tamarind dressing and pickled jalapeno and grilled chicken thighs, Bangkok style curry sauce and Asian slaw.
A techie? Then having a go on the Virtual Reality Sports consoles is not to be missed. Head down to the VR area, pop on a mask and enter a new reality.
Everything you need to know:
- Whilst you may have chosen a specific experience online, your ticket gives you access to everything, but the venues in T-Cross City operate on a first come, first serve basis.
- Under 18’s are welcome with an adult ticket holder. Please note that some of the areas are for over 18’s only though, but they’ll be able to enjoy the food market, the test drives and the VR Sports area.
- All of the pop-up areas have been curated by top names in the industry.
- There is ample parking at Montecasino. Parking is R10 and is not included in your ticket price. Please do not drink and drive.
- There are ATM’s at Montecasino, not in the festival grounds though. Draw money before you come as no pass-outs will be permitted. Alternatively you can use your card to top up your cashless wristband.
Opening and closing times:
Saturday, 21 September 2019: 11h00 to 20h00
Sunday, 22 September 2019: 11h00 to 16h00
Tickets are valid for either day as indicated on the ticket, not for the whole weekend.
For more information on T-Cross City, please read the ‘everything you need to know’ section on www.tcrosscity.co.za
For information on the new Volkswagen T-Cross, visit us on www.vw.co.za
Let everyone know you’re going to #TCrossCity
We’re giving away 5 double tickets to experience the T-Cross Festival… and you could be a winner! How?
- Make sure you follow us on Twitter
- Tell us who will be playing with DJ Kent at the #WEEKentAndFriends rooftop party at #TCrossCity. Tweet your answer, tag us and use the hashtag #TCrossCity to stand a chance to win 2 tickets to Sunday’s event valued!
The ticket entails:
- Entry into T-Cross City
- R95 preloaded onto the ticket for a bite and a drink
- Get experience the new VW T-Cross
- Access to the many events taking place within T-Cross City that include:
- The Marabi Jazz Club
- Gourmet food market with cooking demonstration by Les da Chef
- Fives Futbol tournament throughout the weekend
- WEEKent & Friends rooftop party
- Goliath & Goliath Comedy Club
- VR Sports Area
The winners will be announced Friday 20 September 2019. Look out for the winners our Twitter TL!
*Winners must be Johannesburg based and provide own transport for travels.