One of the biggest music shows to make a debut under national lockdown in 2020, Telkom Monate Vibes, returned for the second season of live performances by local musical talent. The 2021 encore of the programme will run for 11 weeks as opposed to only nine episodes last year, bringing even more talent to the viewers’ screens after the successful launch of the show which kicked off with an incredible performance by gifted throwback band, TKZee. The host for 2021 is the multi-talented South African actress, television presenter radio personality, dancer, choreographer, singer and model – Bontle Modiselle. Fans can no doubt expect high-energy and the same good vibes in 2021.
The bold and exciting 1-hour long music show, Telkom Monte Vibes, is a continuation of Telkom’s summer campaign and Monate proposition launched last year which speaks to the telecommunication company’s desire to extend joy and value to its customers, whatever that looks like to them – whether through its products and services that enable it, or simply through the music show that all South Africans can enjoy.
“In line with our Summer 2021 proposition under the banner, Monate Waya Waya, we are extending the feeling of summer this year and luckily for the viewers, it means even more entertainment and performances this time around. We are bringing them more artists and much more varied genres. So be ready to be entertained!” said Gugu Mthembu, Chief Marketing Officer, Telkom.
As viewers have come to expect, each weekly episode presents a different artist from a different genre performing on a bold and dynamic stage with a live band. The line-up this year looks something like this, and in no particular order:
- TV presenter and actress turned singer-songwriter, Boity and Uthini hitmaker, rapper – Costa Titch.
- Blaq Diamond – Summer Yo Muthi hitmakers and Afro pop duo hailing from Ladysmith in KZN
- Afrotraction – Mzwandile Moya, the South African R&B and neosoul music sensation
- Hip Hop star and business mogul, Cassper Nyovest
- Rapper and songwriter, A-Reece and hitmaker, rapper and songwriter – Yanga Chief
- isi-Zulu lyric-spitting singer and rapper, Sjava and Big Zulu, respectively
- The Lowkeys – amaPiano band taking the music scene by storm as well as other artists from the same genre, Reece Madlisa and Zuma)
- Bringing Gospel to the party, multi-award-winning musician, Winnie Mashaba
- Kelly Khumalo – multi-talented Afro pop, R&B and Gospel singer
- Neo-soul singer, Maleh and Langa Mavuso, end off the season
Telkom Monate Vibes S2 will premiere on Telkom’s video-on-demand streaming platform, TelkomONE and be simulcast on the free-to-air channel, SABC 1, every Sunday at 6pm from 31 October 2021.
For more information about TelkomONE visit www.telkonone.tv.
For more information about Telkom products, visit www.telkom.co.za, follow Telkom on Twitter @TelkomZA and our page on Facebook.