Telkom has brought a new music show to SABC 1 and TelkomONE this festive season, Telkom Monate Vibes – a nine-week programme which airs every Sunday at 6pm and kicked off with an incredible performance by TKZee last night, 15 November 2020. The show is hosted by award-winning comedian and content creator, Lasizwe Dambuza as well as local TV personality, Anele Zondo.
This bold and exciting 1-hour long music show, Telkom Monte Vibes, exudes Telkom’s summer campaign messaging of Live Your Monate; providing viewers with a varying range of artists from different genres performing on a bold and dynamic stage with a live band. This production not only provides a live performance look and feel to viewers but also gives our performers another platform on which to showcase their craft and excite their fans.
The 9 shows will feature some of Mzansi’s award-winning bands and musicians across genres; and of course legendary Kwaito group – TKZee, kicked off the show last night. Some of the artists to expect in the weeks to follow (not in particular show order):
- Ami Faku – rising star with hard-to-ignore “Modern Afro Soul” take
- Amanda Black – sensational musician who’s claim to fame came about by participating in Idols SA
- Makhadzi – Limpopo-born hitmaker and creator of catchy tune, “Matorokisi”
- King Monada –singer, songwriter and record producer who shot to fame with his song, “Idibala”
- Thandiswa Mazwai – renowned singer and songwriter and former lead singer of famed Kwaito band, Bongo Maffin
- AKA – Hip Hop artist, affectionately known by fans as Super Mega
- Nasty C – 21-year-old rap sensation with his show, Zulu Man in Japan
- Amapiano Night (Focalistic, Kamo Mphela and Soweto’s Finest) – a collective band of musicians, DJs and dancers leading and ushering in a new culture of dance and genre of music
- Vusi Nova – Afro-Soul musician with a string of hits including “Thandiwe” and “Nomathemba” among others
- Lira – renowned and decorated for achievements in music genres such as R’nB, Afro-Soul, Funk and Jazz
Telkom is bring Festive Cheer to the homes of South Africans this year and this celebratory production further adds to Telkom celebrating 10 years in mobile.
“We have come a long way as a business, first establishing our position as a challenger mobile operator in the country and recently becoming South Africa’s third largest mobile operator. We have a lot to be proud of, including our recent business performance that has seen our mobile and data business grow rapidly during lockdown. In the same breath, it has been an incredibly tough year for not only us as Telkom, but also for the country. While it is key to take stock as we draw closer to the end of the year, it is also important to us to celebrate the milestones with the most important people in our business: our employees, our customers and South Africans,” said Gugu Mthembu: Executive Brand and Product Segements.
For more information about TelkomONE visit www.telkonone.tv.
For more information about Telkom products, visit www.telkom.co.za, follow Telkom on Twitter @TelkomZA and our page on Facebook.