The inaugural Maftown Heights Creative Community Workshop is set to take place this Friday, 6 March 2020 in Mahikeng, North West, and has already reached full capacity with all 200 seats for delegates quickly snapped up in just 3 days. The high demand for attendance from the North West creative community speaks volumes of the sheer need of the music and events community wanting to learn, grow and network with the best in the industry.
Maftown Heights in partnership with the Khuli Chana Foundation and the North West Department of Culture, Arts and Traditional Affairs (CATA) is bringing an invaluable experience that is set to have a tremendous impact on the creative community in the North West.
“The Maftown Heights Creative Community Workshop has been curated to bring the best in the music and events industry to speak first-hand to creative community delegates in the North West. We’ve handpicked panellists and speakers that will impart decades of knowledge to equip and prepare the upcoming generation of young creatives for success in the creative industry,” shares Refiloe Ramogase, Maftown Heights co-founder.
A first of its kind in the North West of this magnitude, attendees of the Maftown Heights Creative Community Workshop can expect a line-up of industry game-changers such as:
- Advocate Nhlanhla Sibisi, CEO of the Recording Industry of South Africa (RISA)
- Sipho Dlamini, Joy of Jazz Managing Partner
- Siya Metane, Slikour on Life founder and member of Skwatta Kamp
- Raphael Benza, founder of management agency Vth Season
- Riky Rick, multi-platinum and award-winning artist and founder of Cotton Fest
- Nadia Nakai, a multiple award-winning critically acclaimed hip hop artist
- Stoan Seate, member of the legendary Bongo Maffin and TV personality
- Lerato Matsotso, renowned music and entertainment journalist
- Thapelo Fish Pabalinga, founder of Gaborone International Music and Culture Week (i.e. GIMC)
The list of the above game changers are just a taste of what to expect on Friday.
Make sure to follow Maftown Heights on social media for live coverage from the inaugural Maftown Heights Creative Community Workshop this Friday, 6 March 2020.
Connect with Maftown Heights:
Facebook: Maftown Heights