Lungi Naidoo releases her second music video from her COURAGE EP for her single Duro. The song is currently #1 on the 5FM Pop Top 10. Duro is a particularly special song to Lungi, as she shares her personal experience of her journey through motherhood and her miscarriage. “Duro is about love. Love is its purest form,” says Lungi. “I wrote this song for my baby Lusakhanya. I was pregnant when we wrote the song. The Duro music video speaks to my relationship with God and the one place I know I can go to when I am low and feel defeated. That is why we filmed the video in a church and at the ocean. The church represents healing and the ocean represents cleansing”.
“I’ve always wanted to shoot a music video in a church and Duro has given me that opportunity. In my culture, the ocean symbolizes power, strength, renewal and a connection with ancestors. I needed the video to be a reflection of my life. Shooting the video was very emotional as I couldn’t sing the ‘Lusakhanya’ lyric given I was grieving the loss of our baby. I was sharing a piece of me that mattered the most. I hope and pray that this music video and song will help other mothers going through what I have experienced.”
- The Courage EP features collaborators from Nigeria, UK and SA, the EP has seen four singles releases with successful TV, radio and streaming support.
- Over 500K streams on Apple Music to date.
- Over 700 plays on radio stations across South Africa, US, UK, Canada, Nigeria & Ghana
- The Feel Good music video has had over 125 flightings across MTV Base, Channel O and Trace to date.
- “Feel Good” is on rotation on MTV Base, Channel O and Trace Africa with regular plays on Metro FM, Gagasi and 20 other SA stations.
- “About You” is currently on the Top 40 charts of Heart, ECR and rotation on Good Hope FM, Jacaranda FM and more.
- Lungi Naidoo’s collaborators on the COURAGE EP include:Pete ‘Boxsta’ Martin (Marshmello, James Arthur, Dope Saint Jude, Mali Music); UK producer & songwriter Dantae Johnson (Boys Noize, Kamille, JLS, Donel, Hrvy and Rak-Su); Ghanaian producer GuiltyBeatz (Mr Eazi, Kida Kudz, Sarkodie, Beyonce’s Lion King and hit single Akwaaba); GoodThings (Afro B, Stefflon Don, Rak-Su); Tega (DJ Spinall, DJ Tunez); Florian Fourlin (French multi-instrumentalist and producer); and Mike Keyz (K. Michelle, Wretch 32 and Kojey Radical).