The Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition returns this year with an even broader global reach increasing to include more than 32 countries that will compete to create a cocktail worthy of the esteemed title of “Perfectionist”.
The Patrón Perfectionists Cocktail Competition is a unique challenge for mixologists and bartenders to demonstrate their skills, expertise, respect for craftsmanship, attention to detail and unwavering commitment to perfection. This competition sees these values brought to life through their cocktail creation and presentation.
After an influx of creative recipe submissions into the competition, the top 15 Patrón Perfectionists finalists have officially been selected. Meet the Top 15 including where they reside and the bars they represent:
- Josh Kaplan – Fresnaye Cape Town, Western Cape 8005 – SoCal
- Burdett Geiling – Sea Point, Cape Town 1990 – Gorgeous George Hotal Bar
- Kim Munro – Westdene, Johannesburg 2301 – Sin + Tax
- Leighton Rathbone – Silverhurst Cape Town 7435 – Orphanage Cocktail Emporium
- Shaz Dorfling – North Beach Durban 4019 – Lucky Shaker
- Cameron-Leigh Henning – Magaliessig Sandton, Gauteng 2191 – Marble
- David Van Zyl – Protea Hoogte, Cape Town – Cause Effect
- Bradley Botha – Parow, Cape Town 7500 – Sip Exclusive
- Sabrina Traubner – Milnerton Cape Town 7441 – The Athletic Club & Social
- Taneale van der Merwe -Greenstone Hill, Johannesburg 1609 – The Little Fox
- Peter Lebese – 50 buitenkant strt cape town 8001 – Sip Exclusive
- Nicholas Brown – 338 Chestnut Crescent Johannesburg 1748 – Molecular Bars
- Ella Gedye – 8 Barrington Road Cape Town Western Cape 7925 – Cause and Effect
- Lungiswa Nduna – Johannesburg Gauteng 2048 – The Little Fox Mix cocktail bar
- Ncube Gugulethu – Cosmo City, Johannesburg 2188 – Mix cocktail bar
The top six finalists will be officially announced on 2 September 2019 where they will go into the much anticipated South African final in Cape Town this October. This winner will go on to represent the country at the global final. The Global Finals will be hosted at the home of Patrón, Hacienda Patrón in Atotonilco el Alto, Jalisco, Mexico in January 2020. The 22 skilled finalists from the various other competing countries will then battle it out in front of the panel of distinguished judges for the highly coveted title of the Global Patrón Perfectionists winner.