Caption: South African Music Award 2017 (SAMA23) winner, Nduduzo Makhathini, to perform at the second annual International Jazz Extravaganza in Durban this June. Image credit: Simanga Zondo
From the big-band sounds of swing to the freedom of avant-garde and everything in between and beyond, jazz-lovers will want to diarise June 17th when the second International Jazz Extravaganza (IJE) returns to Durban once more. A star-studded line-up includes award winning Jamaican-American classic, Monty Alexander and his band, the highly-acclaimed Harlem-Kingston Express, Kurt Elling, SAMA 23 winner, Nduduzo Makhathini, and Thandi Ntuli.
- Date: Saturday, 17 June 2017
- Venue: Durban International Convention Centre-Arena (Durban ICC-Arena)
- Tickets: From R600 available at Computicket. For hospitality and corporate packages, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Flight bookings: flysaa.co.za
- More information: ije.co.za
The second IJE is brought to you by its presenting partners, the National Department of Arts & Culture, the KZN Provincial Department of Arts and Culture and Durban Tourism; associate partner, Standard Bank Personal and Business Banking and official airline carrier, SAA. Media partners for the IJE are Mzansi Magic Music, Kaya FM and East Coast Radio and their official suppliers are Aha Hotels & Lodges, The Blue Train, and SMG-Durban BMW.