Jerry Lorenzo re-discovers a gem in the Skidgrip archives and shapes it for the streets of today. With bold, vibrant colors, the Skidgrip Con-Rad was a go-to for surfers and skaters in the late ‘80s—and was one of Jerry’s childhood favorites.
This collaboration reworks the original, keeping the loud colors but evolving the design for a more modern look. While the maxed-out pattern on the canvas isn’t the minimalism you expect from Lorenzo, the clean profile and sleek shape place this updated classic firmly in the Fear of God aesthetic.
- High top sneaker
- Digitally printed archival pattern
- Silver tone brass eyelets
- Padded collar
- Primary oval lace, secondary cotton flat lace
- Woven label with screen printed co-branding on tongue
- Fear of God Essentials and Chuck 70 vintage license plates
- Ortholite sock liner
The Converse X FOG Essentials Skidgrip will launch exclusively at Shelflife, Lemkus and Converse Sandton City and online at www.converse.co.za from Saturday, 29 August 2020.