The unemployment rate in SA is at its highest level since September 2003. In fact, the economy added 144 000 jobs during the first quarter, but this was offset by the number of job-seekers surging by 433 000 people. As companies transform themselves to remain relevant in today’s tough economic climate, it has become more critical for senior management and leadership in organisations to have the acquired skills to lead and position themselves as assets within their organisations.
Accredited MBA courses and business schools play an important role in preparing senior managers for their roles in business and will assist people in positioning themselves as dynamic leaders. However, the current challenge for many professionals, is finding an institution that is highly accredited and will impart them with the most relevant skillsets. As such, The MBA Tour founded in 1993, provides independent and high quality information regarding MBA admissions and exposes individuals to opportunities that are available to them abroad. These events emphasize personal interaction between prospective MBA students, business school admissions representatives, alumni and other like-minded education enthusiasts.
The MBA Tour also features top business schools from North America and Europe which will be host their annualJohannesburg MBA Conference at the Protea Hotel, Balalaika on Thursday, 12 October from 16h00 – 21h00. Admission is free of charge. Top Business Schools include: UPenn Wharton, Columbia, Chicago Booth, and Toronto Rotman.
“We are excited to be bringing The MBA Tour to South Africa yet again this year. We believe that an MBA will enable professionals to take their career to the next level or allow them to become entrepreneurs and run their own successful start-ups that provide unique local offerings and employ more South Africans,” says Peter von Loesecke, CEO & Managing Director of The MBA Tour.
“Through your MBA journey, you will get to know and interact in a context that accentuates your business management capabilities. So let the MBA Tour become the first step on your career journey, professional fulfilment and personal accomplishment,” adds Loesecke.
About MBA Tour:
The MBA Tour travels internationally with top universities and business schools from around the world. It offers MBA candidates the chance to take part in panel presentations and round table discussions, hone their networking skills and meet admissions staff. For more information on the tour visit the MBA Tour website:http://www.thembatour.com or join the conversation at www.facebook.com/thembatour.
The MBA Tour Facts
- The MBA Tour was founded in 1993 and we host over 65 MBA events per year in over 30 countries
- The MBA Tour defines their brand by providing unique opportunities for personal interaction between top business schools and potential students from around the world.
- The presentation format consists of panel sessions, small group meetings, and presentations within an educational conference format. This helps students select a university to suit their specific career and lifestyle goals
- Events are limited to a carefully selected group of business schools that are reviewed and approved by an advisory board of peers
- Admission representatives from business schools conduct all talks, panels, and presentations. These forums help attendees learn more about the people and business schools present at the events
- The MBA Tour provide full service support to the MBA recruitment efforts of our business school clients, including logistics, introduction to key contacts in local markets and, of course, matching Admissions Directors with MBA aspirants in Asia, the USA, India, Latin America, Australia Canada, Africa and Europe.