The 20th Annual BASA Awards, partnered by Hollard & Business Day, are accepting entries from business and arts partnerships that were activated between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2016. The date for the entries to be in is the 30th June 2017 .
The award categories are intended to showcase the diverse ways that business partners with arts projects, events and initiatives to bring the arts to the public in different parts of the country.
“Our annual awards are always a highlight of the arts calendar – providing a reason to celebrate excellence in business and arts partnerships over the year,” says Andre Le Roux, BASA chairman.
In 2017, South Africa’s foremost awards celebrating business and arts partnerships are part of a broader commemoration of Business and Arts South Africa’s 20th anniversary. As it marks this landmark event, BASA has an invigorated focus on Growth, Research, Connectivity and Celebration – all of which serve to confirm the organisation’s standing in as a leading force in business and arts on the African continent.
In 2017, the 20th Annual BASA Awards, partnered by Hollard & Business Day, will also be used to honour those who have contributed to the growth and success of BASA over the past two decades. This includes awards partners Hollard and Business Day, both of whom are founding business members of BASA.
“We are very proud to have been associated with BASA from the very beginning,” says Heidi Brauer, Chief Marketing Officer at Hollard. “Long-term, mutually beneficial partnerships which enable better futures are a part of Hollard’s DNA and our relationship with BASA has definitely grown the impact the Arts can and do have as a force for positive and enduring change in South Africa.”
Eleven categories are open for entry, including the Cultural Tourism Award, proudly supported by Nedbank. This important award recognises business support of arts and culture projects which contribute towards the growth of communities and jobs, and support the opportunities provided by local tourism.
To be eligible for entry, partnerships must have been activated between 1 January 2016 and 31 December 2016. Long-term or ongoing partnerships current during that period also qualify for the Awards. Entries are via an easy-to-use online system with a team based at BASA’s Johannesburg head office on hand to assist with entries and general award queries.
In considering entries, the judges will look at a number of carefully considered criteria, including innovation, sustainability and the shared value that emerged from the specific arts and business partnership.
The BASA Awards ceremony is set to take place in September 2017.
20th Annual BASA Awards, partnered by Hollard & Business Day, categories:
1. Innovation Award – This Award recognises the most innovative and progressive partnership in all mediums of creativity; one that served all partners’ purposes effectively between January and December 2015, and highlighted creativity and originality in the process.
2. First Time Sponsor Award – This Award is for a business supporting the arts for the first time, regardless of size, budget, whether it is CSI, marketing, HR, BBE or other.
3. Increasing Access to the Arts Award – This Award celebrates a partnership that has encouraged specific audience engagement with the arts or has made a significant contribution to brand, market and audience development, while still promoting the business through above-the-line media or a partnership that has made a significant contribution to regeneration or sustainable growth, through a marketing and CSI budget or other.
4. Beyond Borders Partnership Award – Awarded to a global-level partnership that builds brand reputation and audience for both the business and arts organisations across international borders through an event or marketing project showcasing SA to Africa and the rest of the world, and/or bringing international arts projects to South Africa.
5. Long Term Partnership Award – A company which has significantly developed and expanded its commitment to an arts project over three years or longer. The value to the arts project, the broader community and the business, must be apparent.
6. Media Sponsorship Award – For consistent and innovative support given by electronic, print, broadcast and web based media.
7. Strategic Project Award – For outstanding initiative, with best use of a project, which is an integral part of the business’ strategy.
8. Small Business Award – For vital support given to the arts by a small company with up to 200 hundred full-time employees and an annual turnover of no more than R10 million.
9. Sponsorship In Kind Award – For a company giving a quantifiable non-monetary support to the arts.
10. Development Award – For projects with an implicit educational and development element.
11. Cultural Tourism Award, supported by Nedbank – For business support of arts and culture projects which contribute towards the growth of communities and jobs, and support the opportunities provided by local tourism.
Entry into the 20th Annual BASA Awards, partnered by Hollard & Business Day, is facilitated by an online system that is continually streamlined to ensure ease of use. A team at Business and Arts South Africa’s Johannesburg office is also available to assist with entry queries and applications. Contact Aviwe Matandela firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or go to www.basa.co.za
Business and Arts South Africa (NPC)
Business and Arts South Africa (NPC) is an internationally recognised South African development agency with a suite of integrated programmes implemented nationally and internationally. BASA encourages mutually beneficial partnerships between business and the arts, securing the future development of the arts sector in South Africa and contributing to corporate success through Shared Value. Business and Arts South Africa (NPC) was founded in 1997 as a joint initiative of the Department of Arts and Culture and the business sector as a public/private partnership. For more information on Business and Arts South Africa contact us on 011 447 2295 or visit our website: www.basa.co.za
For information please contact
011 447 2295